Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gaming Thoughts

I first got into role-playing in college, when my brother and I both bought the Core Rules for Decipher's CODA Lord of the Rings.  Having no idea what I was doing, I immediately set out to write a campaign and roll up some characters to play it with.  My brother obligingly played it, we ran around having a good time, and we both learned something valuable.

Oddly enough, of all the campaigns he or I ever did for CODA, that one is still my favorite...

But after a while lack of support/press/development from Decipher got annoying.  We stopped playing when I moved to Amarillo and he stayed in Austin.  And then...

I pick up a D&D book.  I'm thinking it'll help me with my fantasy writing.  I got sucked back in to wanting to run a campaign and roll up characters.  Thankfully, I can't see WotC deciding they no longer care about D&D, and at some point I may actually find a group to play with!

No comments: